We are looking forward to having you and your camper(s) with us for summer camp! There are a few important things for parents and guardians to know before you register your child(ren) for camp this year:Waitlists: Each Pyoca Program has a set number of registrations available and once they fill up you can choose to put your camper on a waitlist for that session. Even with waitlists enabled, we cannot guarantee a specific week for your camper, so we encourage you to register soon. Summer camp registration for Pyoca Programs will open on Sunday, January 8th at 12:00PM (noon) EST. The registration process will take about 20 minutes. In order to register your child quickly and efficiently, please review the forms listed below, which you will find once you log in to the registration portal. Additional information on payment, scholarships, waitlists, and cancellations can be found below. Sessions & Dates page here. For additional information and questions regarding our summer camp programming, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (812) 358-3413 or email email@example.com.
Registration Forms:Through our online registration portal you will be able to register for both Pyoca and Partner Camp programs held this summer at Camp Pyoca. If you do not see your Partner Camp program listed on the online portal, that is because the registration has not yet gone live. Forms and payment may vary from program to program. All youth camp participants and adult camp volunteers are required to complete a medical form in order to register for camp.
HOUSEHOLD FORM - MANDATORY
You will be asked to fill out basic information including your address, contact information, and preferred week of camp for your child(ren).
MEDICAL FORM - MANDATORY
You will be asked to provide basic medical information for each child, including: their medications, medical history, immunization history (dates), primary doctor/dentist, and insurance information.
We do ask that any child who has a chronic health concern, activity restrictions, or has undergone surgery within 3 months of their camp session submit a copy of the Healthcare Provider Sign-off. This will need to be completed by a licensed medical professional and returned to camp. It can be scanned and uploaded to the camper registration system in camper forms or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A hard copy can also be mailed to Pyoca.All medical forms, including current medication information, must be fully complete before check-in. We will not be accepting any hard copy forms in order to speed up our check-in and check-out process. If any medical information changes prior to your child's arrival at camp, such as the medications they are taking or their vaccination status, please contact our office and we will be more than happy to update their camper account. CABINMATE REQUEST FORM
Does your child have a preferred cabinmate? If so, please indicate them in this form. We do our very best to honor roommate requests. Each camper may request one cabinmate. Campers must be in the same program. CHURCH CONTRIBUTION / SCHOLARSHIP REQUEST FORM
It is our mission to make camp accessible to every child. If your church is contributing to the cost of camp and/or you are seeking scholarship funding, be sure to fill out this form. Please let us know if you have any questions about the scholarship request process. No child is turned away due to financial circumstances.
There are several options to choose from. In order to complete your child's registration, you must choose one of the payment options listed:
- Pay the deposit for each registered program and pay remaining balance later.
- Pay the registration fees in full.
- Choose the scholarship option.*
- Indicate that your church will provide their own scholarship/partial payment for your child.*
*With these options, no immediate payment is due to register your child. A Pyoca staff member will be in contact with you to process/confirm scholarship requests and final payment.
We are able to accept credit/debit card and e-check payments through our online registration system. Once your child is registered, you may log back in to make additional payments as desired.
Please note: Your child's registration will not be complete until a payment option is submitted and all mandatory forms are complete. All remaining balances are due one week prior to camper check-in.
Three-Tiered Pricing:Three-tiered pricing is utilized for Pyoca Programs. Why three prices? We know that every family has different abilities and resources to pay for camp, which is why we offer a voluntary three-tiered pricing program. The three-tiered pricing model gives families the option to more fully support the total cost of Pyoca's summer camp programming. This pricing structure allows families to determine for themselves what they can pay for camp. This choice will vary by family and we believe that only you know what works best financially for your family.
- TIER I is Pyoca's historically published rate and does not reflect the full cost associated with providing quality summer programs. Presbytery mission support and donations supplement this price to support the full cost of Pyoca's summer camp programs.
- TIER II is a midpoint between the historically published rate and the full cost of summer camp, giving you an opportunity to choose to pay a "little more" to support Pyoca's ongoing ministry.
- TIER III most closely reflects what it costs to run Pyoca, including: facility maintenance, staffing, utilities, and equipment. Choosing this tier helps Pyoca's summer camp remain sustainable for years to come.
If you are requesting a scholarship, please select Tier I as you register for camp.
Scholarships:What is Pyoca's scholarship philosophy? Our scholarship process works like this: families tell us what they can do. Our scholarship form, built into our registration system, allows families to tell us what their churches will contribute, what the family can contribute, and whatever is left will be covered by Pyoca's scholarship fund. We do ask families, if possible, to contribute something to the cost of camp. It could be $25, $50, $100, $250, only you know what works for you. Pyoca is blessed to have many churches providing financial support for their youth to attend summer camp. If you are a member of a PC(USA) congregation in Whitewater Valley or Ohio Valley Presbyteries, be sure to check in with your church to see if they provide camp scholarships. If you have any questions about our tiered pricing structure or scholarship process, please reach out to our office at email@example.com or (812) 358-3413.
Summer Camp Waitlist:
We know that many families are eager to know when/if their child will be eligible for a particular camp, so here are a few things to know about our Summer Camp Waitlist:
- If your camper is next in line for a spot that opens, you will be contacted via email. Available spots are registered in the next 24-48 hours. Once enrolled, campers are charged for the session and emailed registration confirmation with more program information at that time.
- It is not predictable to know if a spot will open, because a current camper would have to cancel their registration. Early changes are occasionally made, but last-minute openings with quick turnarounds are more common. Spots are offered sequentially in order of the waitlist if more than a week prior to the session, or all at once to the first acceptance if less than one week in advance.
- Your camper's placement on the waitlist is not an indicator of whether or not a spot will open. There is no obligation to accept a future spot if it opens.
In the event your camper is unable to attend camp for a documented medical issue (including COVID-19 illness or exposure) occurring prior to the start of their session, effort will be made to transfer them to a later session or a refund of all fees paid will be issued.
Unless for a documented medical issue preventing my child from attending their camp session, the following cancellation policy will apply:
- If I/we cancel my/our child’s registration up to 30 days from the start of their session, a refund for all fees paid, less the deposit, will be issued in the form of original payment.
- If I/we cancel my/our child’s registration between 29 and 6 days from the start of their session, I/we must pay 50% of their total camp fee and will be refunded the remainder if full payment has been submitted.
- If I/we cancel my/our child’s registration within 5 days of the start of their session, or if my/our child does not show for their session, I/we forfeit all monies paid and will owe for the remainder of their balance, if applicable.