Mystery Quilt Retreat: March 22 - 26, 2023WHAT'S THE MYSTERY? For twenty years quilters have joined us at Pyoca each spring to sew their own "Mystery Quilt." Before arrival, each participant receives fabric measurements and cutting instructions for the Mystery Quilt, but will not see the full quilt pattern until they arrive. Typically, quilters will pre-cut all of their pieces and bring them to the retreat with all of their sewing supplies. Quilters of all levels are welcome and work at their own pace. There's absolutely no expectation of having to finish the quilt while attending the retreat. Depending on the year's pattern, some folks are able to finish piecing together the top before departure. Need a break from working on the Mystery Quilt? No problem! Bring along any additional projects you'd like to work on at the retreat. On Saturday evening we host a "Show and Tell" session where quilters can show off their progress on the Mystery Quilt, as well as any other fun projects they've been working on.
COVID-19 RETREAT PRECAUTIONS:
- All retreat guests are asked to practice good hand hygiene and maintain social distance when possible (hand sanitizing stations will be available in public areas).
- Full vaccination of retreat guests is highly encouraged for the safety of all participants.
- Guests are highly encouraged to wear a mask indoors, unless eating or drinking, and outdoors when social distancing cannot be achieved.
- All Pyoca facilities have been outfitted with central air purifiers and enhanced cleaning measures have been implemented.
- Anyone experiencing signs or symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, difficulty breathing) are asked to stay home for the protection of other guests and staff.
We are adhering to the latest CDC guidance. If conditions or expectations change we will notify all participants prior to the retreat.
Registration:WHAT'S INCLUDED IN MY REGISTRATION? The Mystery Quilt Retreat pricing structure is all-inclusive with meals, lodging, and each year's Mystery Quilt pattern included. Participants can choose how many nights they wish to stay:* OVERNIGHT STAYS:
- Two-Night Stay: $185, Friday - Sunday (six meals)
- Three-Night Stay: $235, Thursday - Sunday (nine meals)
- Four-Night Stay: $285, Wednesday - Sunday (twelve meals)
- Two-Day: $85, Friday - Saturday (six meals)
- Three-Day: $127, Thursday - Saturday (nine meals)
- Four-Day: $170, Wednesday - Saturday (twelve meals)
HOW DO I REGISTER? Registration is through our online registration portal. Registration is reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. A deposit of $30 is required to register.
WHAT ARE MY PAYMENT OPTIONS? We accept online payment via debit/credit card and e-check. Quilters can also send a check in the mail for their registration fees. Online options are as follows:
- Pay the $30 deposit and log back into your account later to pay remaining fees,
- Pay the registration fees in full,
- Choose the "Mail in check" option to send your check in the mail directly to camp.
NO RISK REGISTRATION: We will continue our No Risk Registration policy from 2020. This means if you register for a particular program and cannot come due to COVID-19 illness or exposure, we will:
- Work to transfer your registration to another Pyoca program (i.e. the UFO Quilt/Craft Retreat in October), or,
- Provide participants the opportunity to donate or receive a full/partial refund of their registration fees.
HAVE QUESTIONS? We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Please contact our office at (812) 358-3413 or firstname.lastname@example.org.