Health and Safety
We are working hard for a safe return to in-person programming in 2021. Pyoca staff are implementing American Camp Association and CDC guidance, as well as advocating for clear directives from state and local government long before summer approaches.
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy return to summer camp. To learn more about Pyoca's role and camper families' roles in ensuring a safe return to camp, check out our updated Health and Wellness expectations for Summer 2021.
While we know returning to camp may not be the perfect fit for every family, we have established five basic guidelines that will run throughout all of Pyoca's programs and our partner camp programs, which we hope helps to inform your decision on returning to camp:
1) We have reduced cabin capacities, meaning there will be fewer campers on-site each week. We have extended to four weeks of programs in order to make room for the reduced capacities each week.
2) Campers will be "cohorting." Each camper will be assigned a small group. All daily activities, meals, and lodging will be limited to these small groups.
3) All staff and campers will complete daily health screenings.
4) Masks will be required indoors at all times, except when eating and in assigned cohort cabin space, and outdoors when 6 feet of social distancing cannot be achieved. Pyoca will provide at least one mask per camper and will have additional supplies on-site.
5) Outdoor activities and meals will be prioritized. This seems a bit silly, we know, of course camp is outside! That said, we will prioritize being outdoors as much as possible and each cohort will have an assigned indoor space that is only for them.
While camp might be a little different this summer, we are committed to providing the same amazing Pyoca experience our campers have come to love. We thank you for your patience as we continue to plan and provide additional resources in the coming months to help your family decide if summer camp is right for you.
Follow the links to the left to learn more about our summer camp programs and registration. Have additional questions? Feel free to call our office at (812) 358-3413 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.