Fall Youth Retreat: Nov. 19th - 21stWe are so excited to host our annual Fall Youth Retreat once again this November. Each year youth gather together from across Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio for a weekend of rest and fall fun at Pyoca. Youth will gather for keynotes and worship each day, meet new friends through small group sessions, and have plenty of time to explore all that Pyoca has to offer. Throughout the day on Saturday afternoon youth will get to choose from a number of activities, including: high ropes, hiking to Mt. Baldy, climbing tower, crafts, and more, plus plenty of free time to hang out and connect with new and old friends. Saturday night we host our Fall Fest, complete with a bonfire, hotdog and s'more roast, games, after dark wagon rides through the forestry, and NEW this year, a hoedown with line dancing.
COVID-19 RETREAT PRECAUTIONS:
With the ongoing pandemic, COVID-19 precautions will look a a great deal like our summer camp protocols in order to ensure the health and safety of both our guests and staff.
- Retreat sessions and activities will predominantly be focused outdoors.
- Full vaccination of retreat guests, for both youth and adults, is highly encouraged for the safety of all participants.
- All retreat guests are asked to practice good hand hygiene and maintain social distance when possible (hand sanitizing stations will be available in public areas).
- Masks will be required indoors, unless eating or drinking, and encouraged outdoors when social distancing cannot be achieved.
- All Pyoca facilities have been outfitted with central air purifiers and enhanced cleaning measures have been implemented.
- Anyone experiencing signs or symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, difficulty breathing) is asked to stay home for the protection of other guests and staff.
We are adhering to the latest CDC guidance. If conditions or expectations change we will notify all participants prior to the retreat.
THEME: This year's retreat theme is Faith and Mental Health. In such a chaotic and weary world that we live in today, it's important now more than ever to understand how the Spirit is moving in our lives, and that faith and mental health are not at odds with one another. We will explore theological questions around mental health and learn how we can engage in spiritual practices that connect us to God and move us toward centering our minds, bodies, and spirits in God's love. MEET OUR SPEAKER: We are delighted to welcome Rev. Wes Kendall, pastor of Greencastle Presbyterian Church, as our keynote speaker. Wes is a longtime friend and supporter of Pyoca, having volunteered with our summer camp programs as both a director and a chaplain, and serving as a speaker for Pyoca's 2019 Confirmation Retreat. Wes is not only a church pastor, but also a spiritual director, camper parent, and avid outdoor enthusiast. He's grateful for the chance to talk about the ways God's love for us can be so grounding in what is often a hectic, jumbled world for young folks. We are so glad to have him with us this fall!
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN MY REGISTRATION? The Fall Youth Retreat pricing structure is all-inclusive, with meals, lodging, and activities included. ALL-INCLUSIVE REGISTRATION FEES:
- Youth: $130.00; includes two nights of lodging, four meals, snacks, and all program activities.
- Adult: $65.00; includes two nights of lodging, four meals, snacks, and all program activities.
WHO CAN REGISTER? This retreat is open to youth in grades 7 - 12. Youth are accompanied by adult chaperones from their church or youth group (1 adult per 7 youth). If you have students of each gender, please bring chaperones of both genders. You are welcome to share chaperones with another church if needed! Youth without a church youth group are more than welcome to attend and will be connected with other youth and adult chaperones from their region. Additional supervision and activity facilitation will be provided by Pyoca staff. HOW DO I REGISTER? All participants, both youth and adults, will register individually through our registration portal. Churches covering the cost of their youth's registration fees are asked to notify Pyoca in advance for appropriate invoicing (this includes a $25.00 deposit per participant). Please email email@example.com for church payment information. Registration will open on Wednesday, September 15th and will close on Friday, November 12th.
- Work to transfer your registration to another Pyoca program, or,
- Provide participants the opportunity to donate or receive a full/partial refund of their registration fees.
HAVE QUESTIONS? We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Please contact our office at (812) 358-3413 or firstname.lastname@example.org.