Pyoca where all are welcome in God's love to EXPLORE, GROW, REST, and PLAY.
Our Core Values
Provide Christian faith development:
- Through opportunities for daily devotion (personal and group).
- Through opportunities for reflecting on the individual's faith journey.
- Through quality Christian role-modeling by volunteer and summer staff.
- Through opportunities for sharing statements of faith, experiences and ideas.
- Through opportunities for individuals to ask questions - and have them answered.
Provide personal growth and understanding:
- Through opportunities to expand horizons and try new activities, including interactive Bible study, leadership development and small group discussions.
- Through discussion opportunities that challenge participants' thinking and beliefs.
Provide leadership development:
- Through opportunities for individuals to assume leadership roles in all areas of camp that are applicable.
- Through appropriate Christian role-modeling.
- Through opportunities to take "safe" risks, and support of each other whether the risk succeeded or failed.
- To enable campers and staff to ask questions and explore new ways of thinking about and doing things.
- Through opportunities to learn different leadership styles.
Provide life-skill appreciation:
- Through acknowledging that people learn in different ways and providing a range of learning opportunities which can develop life-long skills (e.g. crafts, out-of-doors appreciation, financial management, and vocational discernment.) [Multiple intelligence theory].
- Through developing teamwork, communication, and mutual appreciation of the skills of others.
- Through helping campers and staff discover, experience, and respond to God's call to service.
Provide appreciation for God's creation:
- Through a variety of experiential outdoor activities that develop an appreciation of God's world.
- Through Christian stewardship that enhances and protects the local and global environment.
- Through helping campers and staff develop environmentally friendly behaviors (e.g reduce, reuse, recycle).
Accept people as they are:
- Through programs that welcome and encourage diversities of background, ability or culture.
- Through relational experiences that allow those from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds to work and live together.
- Through affirming the infinite worth of all God's children.