Mystery Quilt Retreat: April 27th - May 2ndWelcome back to Pyoca! We are so excited to host the Mystery Quilt Retreat after an entire year without our quilters on-site. With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this retreat will look a little different than in years past in order to ensure the health and safety of both our guests and staff. Similar to our summer camp programming, we are providing information early on before registration opens so that our guests can determine if in-person programming is right for them. WHAT TO KNOW:
- Masks will be required for guests and staff indoors at all times, except when eating and in assigned bedroom spaces.
- Retreat participants will be asked to maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet between themselves and other guests.
- Quilting spaces will be split between the upstairs and downstairs of the Lodge to provide ample space for social distancing.
- Registration is limited to 30 guests due to capacity restrictions. We will be introducing a waitlist, more information available below.
Registration will open on March 15th via our online registration system. More information on registration is available below.
WHAT'S THE MYSTERY? For nearly twenty years, quilters have joined us at Pyoca each spring to sew their own "Mystery Quilt." Before arrival, each participant receives fabric measurements and cutting instructions for the Mystery Quilt, but will not see the full quilt pattern until they arrive. Typically, quilters will pre-cut all of their pieces and bring them to the retreat with all of their sewing supplies. Quilters of all levels are welcome and work at their own pace. There's absolutely no expectation of having to finish the quilt while attending the retreat. Depending on the year's pattern, some folks are able to finish piecing together the top before departure. Need a break from working on the Mystery Quilt? No problem! Bring along any additional projects you'd like to work on at the retreat. On Saturday evening we host a "Show and Tell" session where quilters can show off their progress on the Mystery Quilt, as well as any other fun projects they've been working on.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN MY REGISTRATION? The Mystery Quilt Retreat pricing structure is all-inclusive, with meals, lodging, and this year's Mystery Quilt pattern (designed by Natalie Crabtree) included. Participants can choose how many nights they wish to stay:*
- Two-Night Stay: $160, Friday - Sunday (six meals)
- Three-Night Stay: $210, Thursday - Sunday (nine meals)
- Four-Night Stay: $260, Wednesday - Sunday (twelve meals)
- Five Night Stay: $310, Tuesday - Sunday (fifteen meals)
HOW DO I REGISTER? Registration is through our online registration portal. Registration is reserved on a first-come, first-served basis, and will open Monday, March 15th, 2021. A deposit of $25 is required to register. Quilters are also able to add on the Mystery Quilt Retreat t-shirt to their registration. In our registration system you will provide us with your basic contact information, let us know of dietary/allergy restrictions we can accommodate, and request a roommate for the retreat.
WHAT ARE MY PAYMENT OPTIONS? We accept online payment via debit/credit card and e-check. Quilters can also send a check in the mail for their registration fees. Online options are as follows:
- Pay the $25 deposit and log back into your account later to pay remaining fees,
- Pay the registration fees in full,
- Choose the "Mail in check" option to send your check in the mail directly to camp.
All payment is due at least one week before arrival.
NO RISK REGISTRATION: We will continue our No Risk Registration policy from 2020. This means if you register for a particular program and cannot come due to COVID-19 illness or exposure, we will:
- Work to transfer your registration to another Pyoca program (i.e. the UFO Quilt/Craft Retreat in October), or,
- Provide participants the opportunity to donate or receive a full/partial refund of their registration fees.
WAITLIST: We are introducing a waitlist for the Mystery Quilt Retreat, but are not able to guarantee placement once the program has filled. If you are next in line for a spot that opens, you will be contacted via email and/or phone. Available spots are registered in the next 24-48 hours. Once enrolled, participants are charged for the session and emailed registration confirmation with more program information at that time. It is not predictable to know if a spot will open, because a current participant would have to cancel their registration. Early changes are occasionally made, but last-minute openings with quick turnarounds are more common. Spots are offered sequentially in order of the waitlist if more than a week prior to the session, or all at once to the first acceptance if less than one week in advance.
Your placement on the waitlist is not an indicator of whether or not a spot will open. There is no obligation to accept a future spot if it opens.
HAVE QUESTIONS? We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Please contact our office at (812) 358-3413 or email@example.com.